Drum Making Workshops
You have the unique opportunity to make you own high quality traditional African drum
We will guide you through the processes where you get to use your own creative input and hands to create a genuine African Djembe. You select the hand carved traditional African shell as well as top quality Australian materials, such as the skins, rope and cloth. We have a wide selection of drum shells to choose from to suit different budgets.
Prices and styles:
- Ghana djembe drum (large) $575
- Guinea djembe drum (medium) $595
- Ivory Coast drum (large) $650
- Burkina Faso drum (large) $750 – $850
- Guinea drum (large) $850
When: The next drum making workshops will be taking place during Term 1, 2018 – (February – March drum course) . Please contact us if you would like to make a booking and find out about other future upcoming dates.
* Please note, drum making requires 2 sessions. The first is the main day to assemble the drum and the second is a 1 hour follow up session to tune and finish off the drum once the skin has dried. It is usually in the following week.
Where: The location is 148 Wellington St, Bondi Beach, Sydney, N.S.W.
Bookings Essential and a deposit of $150 is required to secure your drum shell. This will be deducted from the total cost of the drum, payable at the 1st workshop day.
To Reserve your place:
Transfer payment to:
BSB: 032 050
Account: 218 346
Bank: Westpac, Bondi Beach
Don’t forget to show your name when making the transfer/deposit.